What Every Chief Executive Should Know - Using Data to Measure Police Performance
by: Jon M Shane
Softcover, 7 x 10, 358 pages, with BONUS CD!
DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE! This title is available as a download for your Android, iDevice, Kindle or Nook! Search on the title and all options will appear.
Easy to understand and designed to help top administrators use actual current information and calculations to make the kinds of informed decisions that make agencies run smoothly, efficiently and economically.
* How many officers do we need?
* Are we efficiently using the ones we have?
* Is there a relationship between the number of officers we have and our crime rate?
* What's the status of our patrol car fleet?
* Are citizens satisfied with out work?
* What's the cost of our special programs and waht are the actual benefits?
BIG questions that demand solid answers!
This book will help you provide them!
You'll get step-by-step guidence on:
* Evaluating whether overtime is necessary and effective
* Drafting and maintaining a realistic, successful budget
* Creating smart, effecient workload distributions
* analyzing cost effectiveness of special department programs
* Learning to forecast crime...and prepare to combat it.
****BONUS**** CD packed with ready to use Excel spreadsheets to use with your data. GET CUSTOMIZED RESULTS IN MINUTES!!
• Developing a Performance Management Model