Duties and Responsibilities for Security Officers in NYS - 2nd Edition
by: Terrance W. Hoffman, M.A.L.S.
Softcover, 6 x 9, 178 pages
Discusses the objectives formulated by the Security Training Unit of the Division of Criminal Justice Services. Pre-Employment Training, Sixteen-Hour On-The-Job Training, Eight-Hour In-Service Training. Essential for the Security Officer!
Duties and Responsibilities for Security Officers in NYS is the perfect companion to the popular Looseleaf-formatted Criminal Law for Security Professionals!
From professional conduct and the laws of security work to strategies for handling a diverse cross-section of crimes and criminals, this essential and comprehensive guide details the learning objectives required by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services for the completion of a variety of security guard courses.
Enhanced bya conveniently alphabetized and a clearly defined table of contents, Duties and Responsibilities for Security Officers in NYS gives you immediate access to the crucial concepts and practices every professional security guard must know. Inside you'll find pivotal information on: NYS rules, regulations and legal decisions that directly impact security officers. Justifiable use of force in effecting an arrest or preventing escape. Guidance for handling medical emergencies & mass crsis situations. Evaluating and confronting threat potential. Skilled on-scene note taking and detailed report-writing techniques that will defend your arrests and keep you safe in court. Carefully and effectively communicating with supervisors, the public and the media. Understanding the true definitions of key terms like felony, misdemeanor, violation, offense, cupable mental state, laeceny and a myriad of others. The Security Officer's Code of Ethics
Plus, expanded pre-service training curriculum!
• Invasion of Privacy and the Law
• Criminal Procedure Law of the State of New York
• Use of Force - Expert Guidance for Decisive Force Response - 2nd Edition
• Navigating the Legal Minefield of Private Investigations
• Civil Liabilities of New York State Law Enforcement Officers
• Penal Law of the State of New York
• Penal Law and Criminal Procedure Law of the State of New York
• Police Officer Entrance Examination - Preparation Guide
• Duties & Responsibilities for NYS Security Officers - 3rd Edition
• Klein's Uniform Firearms Policy: A Manual for Private Sector Detectives and Security Agents
• Private Investigator's Legal Pocket Guide
• Criminal Law for Security Professionals NYS
• Retail Theft Reports Program CD
• Firearms and Weapons Laws Gun Control in New York
• The Retail Manager's Guide To Crime And Loss Prevention: Protecting Your Business From Theft, Fraud and Violence