Developing a Performance Management Model
by: Jon M. Shane
Softcover, 7 X 10, 72 pages
An Action Guide for planning, implementing and monitoring the leadership concepts taught by expert Jon Shane.
To be used in conjunction with "What Every Chief Executive Should Know"
Contains practical instructions for: Defining and managing police performance Understanding performance in the context of social and political purpose of police Translating policy into measurable principles Understanding the tangible nature of police performance Recognizing the value of quantitative data in expressing "good performance"
This Action Guide outlines sequential steps necessary to Develop a Performance Management Model.
→ What is police performance?
→ What does it look like?
→ How would a police executive know if "good performance" existed?
...the first of its kind to bring together the concepts and analytical procedures that police executives have been discussing for years as it relates to collecting and analyzing data. It is truly what every chief should know!" - Chief John D. Dough, Essex Co. Sheriff's Office, Newark, NJ
• Recruitment, Selection & Retention of Law Enforcement Officers
• The Compstat Paradigm: Management Accountability in Policing, Business and the Public Sector
• Police Suicide Prevention, Assessment and Intervention
• Law Enforcement Training - Dynamic Leadership Strategies
• The Racial Profiling Controversy: What Every Police Leader Should Know
• Law Enforcement Management - What Works and What Doesn't
• Terrorism Prevention & Response Guide - 3rd Edition
• Improving Motivation and Morale: A Police Leader's Guide
• The New Age Of Police Supervision And Management: A Behavioral Concept
• Positive Police Leadership - Problem-Solving Planning
• Proven Strategies for Effective Community Oriented Policing
• The Verbal Judo Way of Leadership - Empowering the Thin Blue Line from the Inside Up
• Effective Police Leadership - Moving Beyond Management, 3rd Edition
• Intelligence-Led Policing - Leadership, Strategies and Tactics
• Progressive Police Supervision: A Simple & Effective Approach for Managing a Police Agency
• What Every Chief Executive Should Know - Using Data to Measure Police Performance