Detecting Deception - The Art & Science of Uncovering and Testifying to the Truth
by: Paul S. McCormick
Softcover, 6 x 9, approx. 200 pgs
Hear from the author - Why he saw a need for this book!
DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE! This title is available as a download for your Android, iDevice, Kindle or Nook! Search on the title and all options will appear.
Sometimes the most elusive thing in law enforcement can be the truth. Here's how to find it!
Investigator Paul S. McCormick, a highly seasoned, heavily trained "lie detector" shares his knowledge of the strategies that peel away layers of deception and reveal the truth. "Guide" conversations with suspects in a manner that increases your chances of getting honest information from them.
Inside this highly effective, immediately applicable manual you'll learn how to:
Recognize the critical difference between "profiling" suspects and "discriminating" and why it's so important to your case. Physically position yourself in a manner that can have a positive impact on your pursuit of honest responses. Spot "clusters" of behaviors and responses that can indicate a suspect is not being truthful. Employ "active listening skills" that can prove priceless for knowing when to dig deeper into a suspect's response. Get a suspect moved forward from trying to tell you the truth to actually telling it! Recognize key phrasing that can clearly flag attempts to hedge responses and deceive you. Understand semantic nuances that can make a world of difference in your understanding of what a suspect is really telling you. Interpret a suspect's body language to help you determine the truthfulness of the information they are sharing with you. How to time interrogations in a fashion that is conductive to keeping a jury's attention down the road.
Be sure you've got the investigatory know-how needed to get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
• Path Of The Hunter - Entering and Excelling in the Field of Criminal Investigation
• Terrorism Prevention & Response Guide - 3rd Edition
• Organized Crime Conspiracies - Investigator Strategies and Tactics
• Winning Court Testimony for Law Enforcement Officers - The Law, Art & Science of Effective Court Communication
• Conflict Resolution for Law Enforcement - Street Smart Negotiating
• Real World Search & Seizure - A Street Handbook for Law Enforcement - 2nd Edition
• Advanced Vehicle Stop Tactics - Skills for Today's Survival-Conscious Officer
• Invasion of Privacy and the Law
• Advanced Patrol Tactics - Skills for Today's Street Cop
• Anatomy of a Motor Vehicle Stop
• Legal Issues in Homeland Security - U.S. Supreme Court Cases