Path Of The Hunter
by: Larry F Jetmore, PhD
Softcover, 7 x 10, 200+ pages with BONUS CD
Path of the Hunter is your guide to Entering and Excelling in the Field of Criminal Investigation. INCLUDES free CD-ROM Study Aid to increase understanding and recall
A thorough guide to understanding how to get into the field of criminal investigations and what to do when you get there to be a world-class investigator
Chapters Include:The Legal Process Defining "Criminal Investigation" and positioning investigations in a democracy issue related to arrest, detainment, search and seizureThe Investigative Process Traits of a good investigator Securing and documenting a crime scene - processing fingerprints, blood, semen, and gunpowder residueanalyzing stab and incise wounds, strangulations and gunshot woundsInvestigating Murder, Rape, Robery Burglary Locating, preserving and analyzing evidence of murder and rape Securing and evaluating robbery and burglary scenes Thoroughly documenting the crimes
Understanding the Test Process... on the road to becoming an Investigator:
* Preparing for the written and oral tests
* Learning successful test taking skills
* Appealing your test results.
Instructor Guide CD Available to instructors upon adoption as a required text.
In addition to showing you how to gain a position as an investigator, this easy-to-read guide takes you step-by-step through the process of comprehending the true nature of investigations, understanding the legal process that surrounds it and learning the strategies and techniques used by top investigators to solve even the toughest cases.
Section I: Investigating Criminal Behavior
- The Legal Process - Arrests, search & Seizure and relevant 4th Amendment issues
- The Investigative Process - Key investigative traits, securing and documenting crime scenes and evidence issues
- Murder - Estimating time of death, evidence evaluation and forensics for murder cases
- Rape - Victim interview techniques, collecting rape evidence and understanding DNA
- Robbery - Explanation of robbery types, carjacking issues and investigation techniques specific to robbery
- Burglary - Description of different types of burglers and their crimes and relevant investigative issues
- Aggravated Assualt, Motor Vehicle Theft & Arson - Crime definitions and characteristics with discussion of relevant case law
Section II: Advancing to an Investigative Position
Investigations and test-taking expert, Dr. Larry Jetmore, actually coaches readers on how to excel on promotional exams and earn a position as a professional investigator.