Search and Seizure Law of NYS ** VOLUME 1** Street Encounters
by: Chief Michael D. Ranalli
Softcover, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 168 pages
Keys to building a solid, foundational understanding of the critical elements of NYS Search and Seizure Law.
Expert guidance on pivotal search and seizure topics. Seize this opportunity to arm yourself with legal support for your evidence-gathering efforts! Grab the evidence you need during street encounters and make sure it sticks!
Topics include:The "Exclusionary Rule" The DeBour Levels Stop and Frisk The "Fellow Officer" Rule Traffic Stops Vehicle Search Issues Search incidents to Arrest
Crucial Questions answered
- What are the limitations on consent searches?
- How useful is an anonymous tip? How far can you go with one?
- Can you open a car door during a traffic stop?
- Can you legally run a drug-sniffing dog around the outside of a vehicle stopped for speeding?
Seize this opportunity to arm yourself with legal support for your evidence-gathering efforts!
• Real World Search & Seizure - A Street Handbook for Law Enforcement - 2nd Edition
• Civil Liabilities of New York State Law Enforcement Officers
• Advanced Patrol Tactics - Skills for Today's Street Cop
• Invasion of Privacy and the Law
• Constitutional Police Procedure - An Instructional Dialogue 2nd Edition
• A Summary Of U.S. Supreme Court Decisions For The Criminal Justice Community with CD database
• Advanced Vehicle Stop Tactics - Skills for Today's Survival-Conscious Officer
• Anatomy of a Motor Vehicle Stop
• Guide to New York Evidence