Civil Liabilities of New York State Law Enforcement Officers
by: Chief Michael D. Ranalli
Softcover, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 , 90 pgs
Current & Concise!
Exploration of the variables & consequences of the most critical liability issues for law enforcement including:
♦ Wrongful conduct issues
♦ Roadblock establishment
♦Failure to arrest intoxicated drivers
♦Claims of malicious prosecution
♦ Suing suspects for line-of-duty injuries
♦Use of force encounters
♦ "The Fire Fighter's Rule"
And answers to crucial questions like:
♦ Can supervisors be held liable for the actions of a subordinate?
♦ How can an agency be held liable for failure to train?
♦ Can an officer be prosecuted for criminal acts for violating a person's civil rights?
New case decisions and expanded sections included.
Designed to Conform to the NYS Curriculum for Police Training. Question and answer format. Key court decisions are discussed.
• Civil Service Law of the State of New York
• Mechanics of a Police Internal Affairs Investigation
• Civil Practice Law & Rules plus Appendix of the State of New York
• Advanced Patrol Tactics - Skills for Today's Street Cop
• The New Dictionary of Legal Terms
• Penal Law of the State of New York