Basic Crime Scene Investigation PocketGuide
by: Lou Savelli
Softcover, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, 96 pgs
Priceless investigatory training from one of the NYPD's most successful cops ... in a pocket sized package!
Convenient, Comprehensive - Critical to through investigations!
An outstanding resource to have with you at every crime scene! Covers the time-tested investigation strategies that ensure iron-clad cases and successful prosecutions.
Includes step-by-step instructions on appropriate:
Includes helpful definitions to a varity of scientific, legal and criminal terminology plus photographs, diagrams and illustrations to facilitate understanding.
- Approach tactics
- Expert scene search strategies
- Effective methods for protecting a scene from compromise by on-lookers, the media...even officers
- Crucial Initial documentation techniques
- Evidence collection and preservation
- Controlling the media
- Interviewing witnesses - to get the most information from them
- Establishing and securing a scene
- Closing a scene.
• Real World Search & Seizure - A Street Handbook for Law Enforcement - 2nd Edition
• Crime Scene Forensics Handbook - Accident Investigation Edition
• Advanced Patrol Tactics - Skills for Today's Street Cop
• Crime Scene Forensics Handbook - Bloodstain Pattern Edition