Deadly Force - Constitutional Standards, Federal Guidelines and Officer Survival
by: John Michael Callahan, Jr.
Softcover 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, 52 pages
Be Prepared To Quickly and Confidently Evaluate a Deadly Force Decision!
This to-the-point guide effectively explores the crucial elements of deadly force decision-making, from understanding the constitutional standards and the legalities involved in justifying their application to the pivotal details of both the "Dangerousness Component" and the "Necessity Component."
Created in an easy-to-read format, this book helps you rise to the challenges of deadly force decision-making while protecting yourself from liability, prosecution and harm.
In a succunt, easy-to-understand format you will: Learn the constitutional standards for deadly force Examine the elements of the "Dangerous Component" - including threats with weapons and threatened or actual serious bodily harm Prepare to evaluate the "Necessity Component"
"Mike Callahan's research is thorough and his analysis of the cases is highly informative." - John C. Hall, Supervisory Special Agent, Office of the General Counsel, Federal Bureau of Investigation
• METTLE: Mental Toughness Training for Law Enforcement
• Processing Under Pressure - 2nd Edition
• A Summary Of U.S. Supreme Court Decisions For The Criminal Justice Community with CD database
• Use of Force - Expert Guidance for Decisive Force Response - 2nd Edition
• Suicide by Cop - A Comprehensive Examination of the Phenomenon and its Aftermath
• Handgun Combatives - 2nd Edition
• Klein's Uniform Firearms Policy: A Manual for Private Sector Detectives and Security Agents
• Advanced Vehicle Stop Tactics - Skills for Today's Survival-Conscious Officer
• Armed Response: A Comprehensive Guide to Using Firearms for Self-Defense
• The Street Officer's Guide to Emergency Medical Tactics
• Firearms and Weapons Laws Gun Control in New York
• Instinct Combat Shooting: Defensive Handgunning for Police - 3rd Edition
• Advanced Patrol Tactics - Skills for Today's Street Cop
• Developing The Survival Attitude : A Guide for the New Officer
• Conflict Resolution for Law Enforcement - Street Smart Negotiating
• The Police Tactical Life Saver: Crucial Skills for Handling Major Medical Crises