How To Be Successful On Oral Assessment Exercises For Police Promotion
by: Donald J. Schroeder, Ph.D., NYPD Capt. (Ret.) and Frank A. Lombardo, Dpty. Insp. NYPD (Ret.)
Looseleaf binder, 220 page insert
One of the few books on this crucial portion of promotional exams ... and the perfect companion to "How to Be Successful on Written Assessment Exercises"! Thorough and comprehensive, this rare guide explores the oral portions of police promotion exams.
Topics include: tips for powerful presentations the Q and A exercise the "Oral Interaction" interview the fact-finding exercise,
Plus practice exercises for the "straight oral" interview, the leaderless group discussion, and others.
A top-notch confidence builder!
Table of Contents:
PART ONE - General Considerations Chapter 1 - How to effectively use this book Chapter 2 - "Dimensions" The key to the scoring process Chapter 3 - Principles of Adminstration, Supervision, and Management in generic statement form Chapter 4 - The most common forms of Oral Assessment Exercises Chapter 5 - The importance of time management
PART TWO - Explaining The Specific Exercises Chapter 6 - The "Straight Oral" Interview Chapter 7 - The Oral Presentation Chapter 8 - The Question and Answer Exercise Chapter 9 - The "Oral Interactive" Interview Chapter 10 - The Fact Finding Exercise Chapter 11 - Leaderless Group Discussions
PART THREE -Practice Exercises Chapter 12 - The "Straight Oral" Interview Chapter 13 - "The Oral Presentation" Practice Exercise Chapter 14 - The "Question and Answer" Exercise Chapter 15 - "The Oral Interactive Interview" Chapter 16 - The Fact Finding Exercise Chapter 17 - The "Leaderless Group Discussion" Exercise
• Police Sergeant Examination Preparation Guide - Earning Your Stripes
• The ULTIMATE Criminal Justice Promotion Quizzer
• Police Supervisor's Test Manual Interactive Self-Testing Program CD
• Civil Service Question Set
• Supervision Card Course Pocket Study Aid
• Police Supervisor's Test Manual
• Police Management Examinations Preparation Guide: Lieutenant - Captain- Assistant Chief
• How To Be Successful On Written Assessment Exercises For Police Promotion
• Police Promotion Manual
• Supervision Card Course Self-Testing CD